Thursday, March 21, 2013

For this blog post I decided to write about Miranda Lambert and her newest hit "Momma's Broken Heart" Miranda Lambert is totally kicking butt about getting good images for women to look up to in media because she is simply her.

Miranda does not excessively work out or diet, she is not a size zero and she is still really popular. She does not just sit around while her husband goes and hunts, she'll go hunting with him and totally go and kick the guys' butts at hunting and she doesn't care.

In "Momma's Broken Heart" she is talking about how she had a break up and her mom was telling her to be more lady like and be a stereotypical girl and get over it. In the song she goes crazy, but not stereotypical crazy woman she is her own kind of crazy.

I love Miranda Lambert and she is one of my favorite idols to look up to in the media. She is a great person to be in the media because she is not fake at all she is just her. We need more women like Miranda in the media to be real and not give an unrealistic view for women to see that influence us.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/miranda-lambert/885131/mamas-broken-heart.jhtml

2 comments:

  1. I can really relate to Miranda Lambert and her positive image for kids, especially young girls. Lambert to me is just a confident, successful, country woman who has the right head on her shoulders. Her lyrics to other songs are full of being a kick ass woman and powerful to stand on her own two feet. I happy to see her career blossoming which also instills that female artists can take control of their own careers and image and not be transformed by record labels. I can she her as a woman who takes charge and when she steps out on stage she does tit in a way that she is comfortable with and not what is need to sell music and be a fake image for fans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I hear about Miranda Lambert I wonder if her relationship correlates to the American Idol Adam Lambert. That question remains unanswered, I will continue to ponder on that. Over the time it is really wonderful to see her career burst into a success .Her struggles as an artist has reached an end. Personally her music has never caught my eye in the country biz as much as my home girl T- Swift (Taylor Swift). Although T-swift's music is uppity and catchy her lyrics are about her breakups...first world problems. I truly appreciate Miranda's consistency in her soulful lyrics. Her music is honest. Which what the public needs to see more often is genuine honesty straight from Miranda's big ol' heart.

    ReplyDelete